If you’re facing an upcoming medical or dental procedure, you might feel worried about all the different factors. You want to feel confident that you have an experienced surgeon. You also want to know about any potential complications from the procedure, and you want to know that it will help resolve whatever medical issue you are facing. However, at SleepGuardian, we believe you should also consider the setting of your procedure and who is providing anesthesia.
Many dentists and doctors offer in-office anesthesia procedures by partnering with a team of physician anesthesiologists. These medical professionals provide hospital-quality anesthesia services in the comfort of your doctor’s office.
While it is not possible that professionals can perform every procedure in-office, many patients and physicians benefit from choosing this option. Learn more about office-based anesthesia procedures. Additionally, reach out to your doctor today to find out if this option is right for you.
The Best Office-Based Anesthesia Procedures
What procedures can medical providers perform in-office? Many of the following can be performed outside of a hospital setting with the help of non-hospital anesthesia in VA:
- Anesthesia for dental procedures – Many patients choose to go under general anesthesia during dental procedures due to anxiety, while local anesthetics are right for others. Sedation can help patients from feeling pain during more invasive procedures as well.
- Gynecology and fertility anesthesia services – During egg retrieval procedures, implantations, or other IVF procedures, sedation can help the patient feel more comfortable
- Anesthesia for gastroenterology services – Procedures for hernias, appendectomies, and other abdominal surgeries can be performed outside of a hospital setting with office-based anesthesia in VA
- Spine and interventional radiology anesthesia services – A physician anesthesiologist can ensure that the patient’s airways remain clear during procedures on the spine
- Anesthesia for ear, nose, and throat – Tonsil removal, surgery for sleep apnea, and removal of tumors in the neck can be safely performed in-office
- Anesthesia for urology services – Office-based anesthesia procedures can include services to treat issues in the bladder or kidneys
- Plastic surgery anesthesia services – Reconstructive surgery or elective cosmetic procedures can be safely performed in a plastic surgeon’s office
Benefits of Office-Based Anesthesia Procedures
If you are preparing for an upcoming medical or dental procedure, consider office-based anesthesia at a SleepGuardian center in VA. This option offers numerous benefits when compared to hospital-based procedures. Some of these benefits include:
- Convenience – You’ve likely chosen your doctor or dentist’s office because they are in a location that is convenient for you. They do not need to work with a hospital’s schedule. Therefore, they can schedule your procedure at a time that is right for you
- Affordability – An office-based procedure allows your surgeon to work with their own staff in their own practice without paying costly hospital fees
- Safety – The anesthesiologists that offer in-office services go through intense training to offer this specific service. Therefore, your surgeon can focus on the procedure
- Comfort – You might feel more at ease in your doctor or dentist’s office than in a hospital setting
Make sure you choose a doctor who works with a hospital-quality anesthesia provider.
Contact SleepGuardian for Anesthesia in VA
For non-hospital anesthesia in VA, reach out to SleepGuardian. We offer office-based anesthesia procedures for both medical and dental procedures. Our goal is to make sure that the patient is safe and comfortable throughout the entire process. This is why our anesthesiologists go through extensive training in general anesthesia and can keep patients’ airways clear. Our team also has experience in emergency management and making the right decisions under pressure to keep patients safe.
We work with a number of doctors and dentists throughout Virginia to offer a wide range of in-office procedures. If you are in need of a medical or dental procedure and are interested in office-based anesthesia, learn more by contacting SleepGuardian today at 844.904.4742 or by looking through our list of partners.