Gynecology is one of the most important areas of healthcare for women, and offering sedation gynecology may be an exceptional way to help your patients get the support they need. Many women put off these appointments due to feeling uncomfortable or fearing pain. At Sleep Guardian, we provide a bedside anesthesiologist throughout your patient’s entire procedure. We offer anesthesia services across Virginia for a wide range of providers to help you reach a larger client base.
What Is Sedation Gynecology?
Sedation gynecology provides women with a way to relax during sometimes difficult procedures. This type of service allows the individual to be in a sleep-like state, allowing them to avoid discomfort or pain. For those who have extreme anxiety, this type of sedation can also ease nerves to ensure they receive the necessary care they need.
Partnering With a Sedation Provider Can Help Your Practice
Utilizing this type of service in your gynecology office is more readily available today than ever before. Some of the key benefits of doing so include:
- Safety: Physician anesthesia ensures the patient is safe from the start of the procedure through the end. It enables a person to receive proper monitoring of their vitals throughout that timeframe, eliminating common risks.
- In-Office Procedure: Office-based anesthesia enables doctors to provide more care in their office, reducing costs and patient frustrations. They no longer have to have these outpatient procedures completed in a hospital setting where the risks and timelines are harder to match.
- Ease Discomfort: Using sedation gynecology enables a person to receive the necessary level of sedation needed to reduce patient anxiety. This can give them a bit more peace of mind heading into a procedure like this.
- Convenience: Having office-based anesthesia available makes it easier on the patient, but it also minimizes the amount of driving and lost time for the surgeon as well. The care is provided in a safe environment right in the office, which is both safe and familiar to all involved.
- Emergency care is available: Using the right medical anesthesia is important. The proper services ensure a patient is able to get the type and level of care they need while having their emergent needs met should they arrive. These professionals are highly trained to handle even some of the most difficult of situations.
How SleepGuardian Provides Care in Sedation Gynecology
SleepGuardian provides a wide range of services for gynecology. These services are based on the provider’s needs. This includes anesthesia for procedures such as:
- LEEP operations
- Egg retrieval procedures
- Endometrial ablation
In each of these procedures, a licensed and properly trained anesthesiologist is available to provide constant monitoring and support to the patient. This is done in your office, minimizing any need to go to another location for care. Our board-certified professionals are well trained in handling emergency situations while also providing the very best level of care to each person.
For those who want to reduce costs while improving care and convenience, reach out to SleepGuardian to determine the resources available for your practice. We work with professionals in a range of fields to provide office-based anesthesia in Virginia. That includes professional physician anesthesia in other areas, including:
- Gastroenterology service needs
- Spine and interventional radiology
- Ear, nose, and throat services
- Facial plastic and plastic surgeons
- Urology service providers
Reach Out to SleepGuardian to Learn How We Can Help
Sedation gynecology is a service many organizations need to carry to meet the needs of their patient. At SleepGuardian, we make it possible for healthcare providers to meet those needs and exceed them with exceptional care and support. Learn more about this type of medical anesthesia provided in Virginia when you give us a call at 844.904.4742 today or reach out online.