Many people struggle with dental anxiety, a condition in which a person struggles with getting dental care because of intense episodes of anxiety before and during appointments. Many times, people avoid going to the dentist because of this fear. Yet, there are multiple ways to reduce anxiety to make the experience less worrisome when it comes down to dental procedures. One of those options is to ensure anesthesia is available. For those seeking treatment in Virginia, SleepGuardian provides that level of support.
How to Overcome Dental Anxiety
For those who have dental anxiety, nothing can seem to relieve that tension and downright fear faced at just the thought of going in for dental procedures. Yet, there is help available. Here are several simple steps to take first.
- Talk to the dentist to determine if they offer support for dental anxiety. Sometimes, just knowing they are understanding is a good first step.
- Learn about the procedure or treatment being received in advance. This can help to reduce anxiety because a person knows what to expect.
- Ask the dentist to state what’s about to happen before it does happen. That may reduce some anxiety because there are no surprises during the process.
- Try to determine where the anxious feelings come from, which may be due to past trauma at a dentist or simple misconceptions.
- Discuss the underlying concerns with a dentist before coming into treatment. This may include just talking about the fears a person has related to sounds, feelings, or procedure pain. Many times, dentists can reduce the misconceptions with a bit of information.
The key to dental anxiety is coming to the conclusion that it is not realistic to feel this way. From there, it is possible to get in to receive care through dental procedures.
Seek Out a Provider Offering Anesthesia from SleepGuardian
SleepGuardian provides a unique service in offering anesthesia onsite for dental providers. For those who are seeking help for dental anxiety that is severe, having anesthesia on hand may help. Doctors can determine if dental procedures require this type of service. If so, the patient does not have to feel or experience any type of pain during the procedure. This type of process enables a person to receive the care they need even when they have intense dental anxiety that’s hard to overlook.
With anesthesia available like this, there is medical help available should something go wrong or a person struggles with waking up. There are professionals trained to handle medical emergencies right there, who are able to ensure there is less risk to the patient. For many people, this can be just what they need to know to feel confident enough to get help.
Finding a Virginia Sedation Dentist Starts at Sleep Guardian
When a person has dental anxiety, it helps to know that there is a provider available who can help. If the dental care provider selected does not offer anesthesia services like this, ask them to learn more about SleepGuardian and how we can help to improve patient care levels in an affordable manner. For many people, our services can be exactly what they need to get through the dental procedures needed without intense fear and uncomfortableness. That ensures better outcomes in many ways for both the provider and the patient.
Looking for a Supportive Office? Call SleepGuardian Today
Dental anxiety does not have to stop you from getting the level of dental care and support you need. If you need to have dental procedures that involve the use of anesthesia in Virginia, reach out to SleepGuardian. Our team can help to determine what level of support is available and who can offer our services to you. Call 844.904.4742 or connect with us online today.